Pages

Apr 6, 2017

Black Pony Hide Clutch Bag with Chrome Zippers

Following a fun Tarot Coaching session, I decided to re-engage in my Leatherwork Projects! Today, I invited my new friend who also has interest in leatherwork, so we had a really cool Leatherwork Wednesday!

First, we went to a leather market in Dongmyo. Got some threads, bond eraser, pattern paper, etc. 

My friend made a covering for her Shaomi Battery. She used vegetable-leather (how we call it in Korea). Apparently this type of leather is more expensive than the real leather! And she showed me how you can coat the inside of it, to avoid having to add an inside fabric. 




My project today was to finish off a pony hide clutch for my bestie. Her birthday is coming up soon. This is what the finished piece looks like. Black on the outside, nice and shiny! Red on the inside. 



I've had to test a sample to see if my machine was working well... Thankfully, all was well, but I had to spend some time cleaning off the yellowy-oil thing. 


I started out by preparing the 2 pieces for the clutch bag. Spent a lot of time today, just trying to remember how I did things before! We joked that we aren't a leather studio, we're a 'lab' experimenting to see if things work or not! LOL~!! 


After some experimentation, I had to patch things up because my skiving machine ate up some of the red fabric! But this will be on the inside, so I decided not to sweat it...


The two pieces ready for work, and the zipper.

After the 2 pieces were attached. The zipper took a lot of effort today.
I didn't have the right tools to pull out the unwanted zipper teeth. I will need to get a plier for doing that, as well as a metal hammer to set the zipper ends. Today I resorted to using one of the punching tools which was heavy metal block, but it took a while and wasn't the best way of doing things...

Pony hide was rather slippery and the tiny little bristles got in the way of stitching on the machine. So the lines ended up being wonky! Will need more practice to get it straight. 

Anywho! I'm happy I am back on track with my leatherwork! And I am so happy to have a friend to do this with!

Lots of projects that need finishing... 2017 Wednesdays will be a blast~!!

xoxo

MarsGirl 



No comments:

Post a Comment